SourceOne is a nationally recognized power management company that provides support to commercial and industrial enterprises that deem premium power essential to their operation. SourceOne services class-A real estate, data centers, manufacturers, biotechnology and financial institutions and telecommunications companies by providing power-related due diligence, power master planning, commodity analysis, purchasing support as well as infrastructure development services.
In 2003, SourceOne hired O’Neill and Associates to provide relationship marketing services to support the company’s business development efforts in Massachusetts public sector.
Two years later, after acquiring Applied Power Technologies, SourceOne sought to incorporate public relations services in order to generate more exposure for the company and its leaders in Boston and New York.
Working with SourceOne, O’Neill and Associates’ relationship marketing team:
- Increased awareness of SourceOne and its offerings within Massachusetts’ public sector;
- Identified opportunities and arranged introductions for SourceOne within several municipal agencies; and
- Conducted outreach to the Massachusetts congressional delegation on behalf of SourceOne.
O’Neill and Associates’ public relations team worked to raise SourceOne’s visibility by:
- Developing messages specific to the numerous audiences SourceOne was trying to reach that conveyed the company’s unique expertise in the energy management field;
- Issuing press releases touting organizational milestones;
- Developing and placing bylined articles and op-eds in publications such as Mass High Tech, Banker and Tradesman, and The Boston Business Journal that established SourceOne executives as leaders in the industry;
- Facilitating introductions between SourceOne’s senior executives and key reporters covering business, technology and the environment in Greater Boston regional publications yielding in news articles and project profiles in targeted publications, including The Boston Globe, the Hartford Business Journal, and University Business Magazine;
- Developing a Web site that targeted high-level executives with SourceOne’s message;
- Identifying and developing case studies of SourceOne’s marquee projects.
O’Neill and Associates’ relationship marketing efforts led to new opportunities for SourceOne with several private entities including Boston University Medical Center and the Massachusetts Port Authority.
Over the course of the public relations and media relations campaign, O’Neill and Associates secured coverage for SourceOne in national and regional outlets including New England Cable News, University Business Magazine, Boston Business Journal, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Mass High Tech, Banker and Tradesman and local newspapers across the state.
Similar Case Studies
O’Neill and Associates helped this provider of rugged computing and integration win a contract to outfit Massachusetts State Police cruisers with mobile data terminals, beating out the incumbent Fortune 50 company.Continue reading
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is one of New England’s largest environmental and geotechnical consulting firms. GZA offers comprehensive engineering, design, remediation, regulatory compliance and construction management services. O’Neill and Associates’ relationship marketing and government relations services helped GZA foster relationships with decision makers at key federal agencies and with key New England business leaders with a particular focus on real...Continue reading