FAN EXPO Boston Announces Collaboration with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
(Boston, MA) – July 31, 2019 – FAN EXPO Boston announced today a new collaboration with Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital that will provide a portion of the show’s ticket sales on August 6, 2019 to go toward the renowned hospital and rehabilitation facility. FAN EXPO Boston will donate $5 per ticket sold and also give fans the opportunity to make an additional donation.
The three-day comic and pop culture show will take place on August 16 to August 18 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and will feature an exciting line-up of celebrity guests as well as legendary comic creators and cosplayers.
Since 2016, cosplayers from FAN EXPO Boston have visited patients at Spaulding and participated in “Superhero Day” to lift their spirits and bring them cheer. This year, FAN EXPO Boston has ramped up their support of Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston, one of the largest rehabilitation facilities in the United States that has been consistently ranked in U.S. News and World Report as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the country. FAN EXPO Boston Cosplayers will return for a visit with Spaulding patients on August 14, 2019 at 12 pm.
“We have lots of Superheroes at FAN EXPO Boston, but we know the real Superheroes are those caregivers who work tirelessly at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital to put their patients on the road to recovery,” said Andrew Moyes, Vice President, FAN EXPO Boston. “We are deeply impressed by the impact that Spaulding has on the community and we are honored to provide support to this remarkable institution.”
“Spaulding began hosting FAN EXPO Boston cosplayers 3 years ago and we are excited to continue this fun tradition that our patients—and staff—look forward to. And, by giving us an opportunity to benefit from a portion of ticket sales, we can support our mission to provide the best rehabilitation care to our patients,” said David Storto, President of Spaulding Rehabilitation Network and Partners Continuing Care.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital will also be featured at FAN EXPO Boston at a “Test Your Strength” booth where hospital therapists will check fans’ strength using a grip tester. Are you strong enough to reach the highest level of strength and be a Thor? Or, are you on the weaker side and your grip is more like Loki? Look for the booth on the show floor on August 16-18.
FAN EXPO Boston celebrity guests include award-winning actor John Travolta; Zachary Levi from the hit DC movie Shazam!; the cast of Boy Meets World, including William Daniels; Peter Capaldi of Doctor Who, in his first east coast appearance; Sean Young and Edward James Olmos of Blade Runner; Stephen Amell of Arrow; Corey Feldman of The Lost Boys, The Goonies and Stand By Me; Sean Astin of The Goonies, Lord of the Rings, and Netflix’s Stranger Things; and Ke Huy Quan of The Goonies and Indiana Jones.
Legendary comic creator Todd McFarlane, co-founder of Image Comics, creator of Spawn and superstar Spider-Man artist joins other comic luminaries including Mike Mignola, creator of HELLBOY, the first- time appearance of superstar creator Marc Silvestri, and legendary creator Arthur “Art” Adams.
FAN EXPO Boston 2019 also features experiences including Kids Zone & Family Lounge, with activities such as LEGO play stations, arts and crafts tables and cartoons, Cosplay Costume Contests for adults and Kids and official after-parties throughout the weekend.
FAN EXPO BOSTON GUEST HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Stephen Amell (Arrow)
• Pamela Anderson (Baywatch, Barb Wire, V.I.P.)
• Sean Astin (The Goonies and Lord of the Rings)
• Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who)
• Mike Colter (Luke Cage)
• William Daniels (Boy Meets World)
• Corey Feldman (The Lost Boys, The Goonies and Stand By Me)
• Danielle Fishel (Boy Meets World)
• Jason David Frank (Power Rangers)
• Will Friedle (Boy Meets World)
• Tyler Hoechlin (Super Girl, Teen Wolf)
• Zachary Levi (Shazam!)
• Mary McDonnell (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA)
• Rose McIver (Zombie)
• Edward James Olmos (Blade Runner)
• Ke Huy Quan (The Goonies and Indiana Jones)
• Ben Savage (Boy Meets World)
• Rider Strong (Boy Meets World)
• John Travolta, (The FANATIC!)
• Sean Young (Blade Runner)
FEATURE COMIC GUESTS INCLUDE:
• Arthur ‘Art’ Adams (Legendary Creator)
• Heather Antos (Editor, Valiant Entertainment)
• Simon Bisley (Legendary Illustrator)
• Greg Capullo (Last Knight on Earth)
• Joyce Chin (Cover Artist)
• Frank Cho (Skyborne and Cover Artist)
• Clay Crain (Cover Artist)
• Jeff Dekal (Marvel Cover Artist)
• Scott Hanna (Legendary Inker)
• Mike Henderson (Dead Man Logan)
• Jody Houser (Stranger Things)
• Steve Lavigne (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
• Ash Maczko (Squarriors)
• Clay Mann (Heroes in Crisis)
• Todd McFarlane (Spawn)
• Mike Mignola (HELLBOY and B.P.R.D.)
• Sara Richard (My Little Pony)
• Don Rosa (Uncle Scrooge)
• Matthew Rosenberg (Uncanny X-Men)
• Marc Silvestri (Superstar Creator)
• Gail Simone (Domino Hotshots and Plastic Man)
• Chris Soule (Return of Wolverine and MCP)
• Peter Tomasi (Detective Comics)
• Ashley Witter (Star Wars: Doctor Aphra)
VOICE ACTORS INCLUDE:
• Jodi Benson (The Little Mermaid)
• Rodger Bumpass (Spongebob Squarepants)
• Peter Cullen (Transformers)
• Grey Delisle (Fairly Oddparents)
• John DiMaggio (Futurama)
• Vanessa Marshall (Star Wars: Rebels)
• Patricia Summersett (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
• Frank Welker (Transformers)
Tickets start at $35. Celebrity photo ops, autograph sessions, workshops, and panel discussions will be available throughout the weekend. There are multiple options for ticket packages including single day pass, deluxe pass, family pass, child pass, premium pass, and VIP package. To learn more about the different packages or to purchase tickets visit www.fanexpoboston.com/en/tickets/admission.
ABOUT FAN EXPO HQ
FAN EXPO Boston is owned by FAN EXPO HQ, one of the largest entertainment convention groups in North America. Collectively it hosts over 500,000 fans annually at FAN EXPO Canada, FAN EXPO Dallas, Calgary Expo, MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Boston, Edmonton Expo, Dallas Fan Days, Toronto Comicon, and FAN EXPO Vancouver.
About Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
A member of Partners HealthCare, the Spaulding Rehabilitation Network includes Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, its main campus in Charlestown as well as Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Cape Cod, Spaulding Hospital Cambridge and Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center Brighton, as well as twenty-five outpatient sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts. In 2018, U.S. News & World Report named Spaulding as the #2 rehabilitation hospital in the nation. Spaulding is one of the few hospitals in the U.S. to be awarded the prestigious Model Systems designation in all three areas of care—Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Burn Injury—selected by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research. A teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, Spaulding has been recognized by Doximity Residency Navigator as the top residency program in rehabilitation in the nation. Spaulding also was recognized by the 2019 Disability Equality Index as a “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion”. For more information, please visit www.spauldingrehab.org.